Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

Some of the highlights from Christmas 2010! This year we celebrated with my side of the family. Chad, Chase & I started the day off waking up early to open gifts as a wee family. We had to wake Chase up so he was a bit groggy while opening gifts at our house. He came alive at my Mom's. It was a special morning for me enjoying our time with Chase. Next year there will be 2 kids and I'm sure a lot more chaos! ;)
I love stockings!
Chase's gift from us this year was a train table. I'm sure you can tell by the wrapping paper and his pj's that he's into Thomas! ;)
Christmas at my Mom's
More trains

We found out the beginning of December that my Aunt had breast cancer. It was a massive shock to everyone. Her surgery was scheduled for Dec. 24th in the morning. She came on Christmas day for dinner and left shortly after as she was in a great deal of pain. It wasn't an easy Christmas for Auntie Miriam or the rest of the family. Her journey continues as she's scheduled for another surgery this month. We're praying for a complete healing in her body and lives to be touched from her testimony!
Watching the cousins open presents
Turkey time!
This Christmas was very reflective for me. I was surrounded with the simple message that life is precious. As the baby kicked and wiggled inside of me I was bursting with joy. Bringing another baby into this world is such a thrill for me! However, watching my Aunt suffer in pain was the harsh reality. I need to savour each moment, the good and the bad. I know this is to easily said but far often never done. I want to speak joyfully and encourage the beautiful people in my life. As I said before, life is precious! We only get a short time here...might as well do our best!

1 comment:

  1. Love all your pictures, but love the message even more. So glad you had such a wonderful Christmas & praying for Aunt M's recovery & healing! xo

    ReplyDelete