Thursday, June 23, 2011

Remembering Gramps

Last Tuesday morning I woke up and found Chad still at home. His eye were wet as he told me his Gramps had passed away. Immediately I broke down with him. Gramps was an incredible man that had over come many obstacles in his life. He suffered a stroke last fall but managed to defy the odds again and survive another 7 months. On June 14th he suffered another stroke while sleeping. Thankfully we went peacefully. Gramps touched my life in many ways. He was fun loving, genuine, sincere and loved everyone just the way they were. I'm so thankful for the heritage and values he passed on to my husband!
Chad's cousins from Edmonton came on the weekend and we all headed over to Sidney for the Memorial. It was an amazing tribute! I found myself missing my own Papa and crying more than Chad at times. It's never easy to say goodbye but the important thing is to keep their memories alive and cherish the times we did have together. Love you Gramps!

No comments:

Post a Comment