Thursday, July 29, 2010

I AM BETTER BECAUSE SHE'S IN MY LIFE


July 30th marks the 5th wedding anniversary for my wife and I. I've officially hacked into her Blog (all too easy as she uses the same password for everything) to write a note to my best friend, my wife...Trisha!

Trisha and I started dating (for the second time) back in 2003. I remember giving her Lonestar tickets to the Lynden Fair for her 22nd Birthday, crossing my fingers that she got the message and would decide to take me. I was so nervous, sweaty, and anxious I barely ate. I wanted to get this date over with and have "the talk". You see, I knew she was the one and at that time I had already decided that I was going to make this girl my bride, but she had no idea. The date was one of the first steps in the right direction, but I couldn't just lay it all out there right away. Most of what I wanted to say before we started dating again I had to write down on paper before I exploded. What landed on the sheet of paper was poetry and every single romantic holiday since, she's kindly requested poems as her little gift. The poem that I wrote about a week before we started dating I titled, "Your Best One". It was a poem about Trisha. So, 5 years later I thought it would be appropriate to open up the dusty old book and share this poem with my Wifey once again...

"YOUR BEST ONE"
by Chad Bennett
August 4th, 2003

She's your best one
How perfect can you create
This picturesque beauty
This perfect mate

I'll do anything to have her
To hold her in my arms
Teach me how to love her
This time there is no harm

I thought I'd lost her
Made a choice to let her go
Now I have a chance again
A chance to let her know

How much I actually need her
How her love could make me fly
I'm a better man beside her
This is why...

I need her in my life
To bring out the best in me
Lord provide me with the wisdom
To be the man I need to be

I'll promise to protect and keep her
I'll do my best to mirror your son
Because the love I want in my life Lord
Is your Best One


I'm so glad that God blessed me with his "best one" for me. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in life. My wife is truly amazing. She brings so much happiness. I often think of my day-to-day and what it is I'm here for and what my responsibilities are in this life. In the process, it's so easy to get caught up in life, work, and the busyness of this world that we so often bring upon ourselves. But as soon as I arrive home from a long day of work I see my wife, my son, my world and the worries and stresses of the day completely disappear.

Babe, on our 5th anniversary I look back at the last 5 years and wouldn't change a thing. I love the best friend that you've always been. I love the gracious, forgiving, accepting, patient, and loving wife that you are to me. Mostly, I love the mother that you have become and the partnering parent that you've been with me. You are the greatest gift that God has given me!

Happy 5th Anniversary! I love you!

Chaddy xoxo

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Chad, that was awesome. Happy Anniversary to two of our favorite people. We love spending time with you and look forward to many more years of friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. This makes me tear up! Chad, you are such a great husband! Trisha, you are an amazing woman! Together you guys are an incredible team and building a family that is honoring God in every way! Jody and I wish you guys every blessing under heaven! Happy Anniversary! xoxo

    ReplyDelete