Sunday, January 27, 2013

2013

This weekend, I have been stuck in bed recovering from a nasty flu. I am beyond thankful for my Mom! She dropped everything to come and take care of my boys (and me) so I could rest while my husband was away on business. Cheers to Gatorade...the only thing I could keep down. ha As I was laying low this weekend it gave me a lot of time to think and pray and dream for 2013. I love this time of year because the pace slows down after Christmas and there is a renewed energy for routine and setting goals. My problem is I'm excellent at setting goals but don't always see them all the way through. This year I have some more accountability in place so hopefully that will help. 
I can be very analytical and spend way to much time in my head most days. As a parent, a good majority of your day can be focused on discipline. Making sure your kids use their manners, keep their hands to themselves, have a good attitude. The list goes on and on. What does discipline look like for an adult though? I started examining my own life and realized I wasn't practicing what I was preaching to my kids. I was trying to raise little men who were disciplined but I was very out of control in this area. So little by little God began revealing little areas in my life that needed some work. 
 Throughout this whole year 'discipline' will be something I work on daily in my own life. It will be a hard lesson for me because it goes against my nature in many ways. I am very free spirited and like to be spontaneous. However, this can often lead to a bit more chaos in my life than I'd like. Also, I want to be a better example for my little ones. As I'm working on being disciplined I will focus on 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 this year as well. The amazing speaker Wendy Perez posted this verse on instagram at the beginning of the year and my soul screamed "yes!"

For my marriage, I want to go above and beyond for this man! He works so hard and strives for the best in every area of his life. Regrettably, I feel he hasn't got my best over the last few years. The end of the day, tired wife, isn't my best for him. He is the greatest gift I've ever been given and I want him to know that in word and action everyday. So this year, I will humbly try my best to honor my husband.

For my boys, I want to enjoy every second with them! I need to cherish all the moments I have. This year when I received the phone call confirming Chase had been accepted to kindergarten I felt the pains of how quickly time flies bye. God has in trusted these men to Chad & I. So we will do our best to raise fun, loving and adventurous young men who will make a difference in their generation. 
I will love and kiss them as much as I can because they are just so darn smoochable! 

I hope 2013 has been a great start for you! Believing for great things for you and your families. 

1 comment: