Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More

Going into 2012 I had a huge desire for more. I want to see more growth in my life. I want to give more and I want to become more of the woman God has called me to be. I don't know what that's going to look like but I'm really enjoying the journey. A few years ago I was asked to hang out once a month with a group of Mommy's. We do lots of fun things. We eat lots of yummy food and have hilarious conversations about life as we know it. It's for sure a highlight in my month. Last year we all went to a women's recovery house to spend quality time with the girls and encourage them. Of course they ended up inspiring us.
Last night we headed out there again. For an hour we sat around their massive kitchen table enjoying coffee and conversation. 2 of my friends are amazing singers and the girls at the house asked if they'd do some worship songs. So we all headed down to their chapel to have an old fashion sing song. ;) My Papa & Nana used to do this when we were kids so it felt really good to do it last night with all these lovely ladies. Towards the end my friend started singing a song that is very dear to her. It was a song that encouraged her during a season of heartache. With every note she sang it was like God began weaving the strings of all our hearts together. The first half of the night we spent listening to the girls share their stories. Then after a time of singing and worship the leader asked if we'd share some of our stories. There were tears as a lot of heart ache was shared. However, the greatest take away from it all was the beauty God truly does give for ashes. As I wiped tears from my eyes I just kept thinking, God you want us to be raw and real like this. As we reveal our journey, incredible bonds of friendship are formed. The strength of those bonds are the things that will help us stay strong and be encouraged when the storms of life rage around us.
So ladies, be thankful for the women in your life! I know I am...

1 comment: